Summer heat and summer vacations are the theme of the summer season — but worship and service are always in season at St. Stephen’s! Note that there are a few changes to our usual Sunday routines during the summer months:
- Our nursery facilities will not be staffed during the summer. We encourage you to bring your children with you to the service, as they are always a welcome addition to our worship! The nursery space remains available for your use.
- Adult Forum and Children’s Chapel are on hold for the summer.
- Coffee Hour after the 10:15 service has now become Lemonade Hour — as long as there is no rain, meet us in the Bishop’s Garden outside after the service for light refreshments and good conversation.
Some new activities are available during the summer:
- Summer service projects for youth and young adults are being organized — contact us for more information.
- Several small summer projects are in process and looking for volunteers, including a painting day for the Episcopal Home in Shippensburg, English Language Instruction for immigrants and refugees, gathering donations for advocacy for asylum-seekers, migrants and detainees to support the Partners in Welcome program in Texas, and much more!
- Fun summer events like the Zeroday Zero K Fundraiser, Pet Blessings @ Woofstock and more are available.
One thing never changes: No matter who you are or where you are on your spiritual journey, you are always welcome at St. Stephen’s. We look forward to seeing you this summer!