St. Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral welcomes everyone to attend Lent and Holy Week services. Join us as we prepare with joy for the great feast of Easter, with prayer, worship and contemplation.
Season of Lent & Palm Sunday
St. Stephen’s will observe its usual schedule of Sunday and weekday services throughout Lent. Sunday Holy Eucharist service times are 8:00 AM (spoken service) and 10:15 AM (choral service). Midweek Holy Eucharist and Healing service times are Wednesday at 7:00 AM and Thursday at 12:05 PM.
- First Sunday in Lent (March 1): Holy Eucharist and the Great Litany
- Second Sunday in Lent (March 8): Holy Eucharist with Guest Preacher, the Rev. Canon Chris Streeter.
- Third Sunday in Lent (March 15): Holy Eucharist service with music by Seasons (music at 10:15 AM service only).
- Forth Sunday in Lent (March 22): Holy Eucharist & Rose Sunday
- Fifth Sunday in Lent (March 29): Holy Eucharist with Pulpit Swap, Rev. Jim Strader-Sasser preaching.
- The Sunday of the Passion: Palm Sunday (April 5): Blessing of the Palms and Holy Eucharist (outdoor procession at 10:15 AM service, weather permitting).
St. Stephen’s will observe Holy Week with daily services that are centered on the passion and death of Our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Monday, April 6 at 7:00 PM: Compline (Night Prayers) with Taize Chant.
- Tuesday, April 7 at 7:00 PM: Quiet Service with Holy Communion.
- Wednesday, April 8 at 7:00 PM: Shadow & Verse: A Poetic Tenebrae Service.
- Thursday, April 9 at 7:00 PM: Maundy Thursday service with foot-washing.
- Friday, April 10 at 12:00 Noon: Good Friday Dramatic Reading.
- Friday, April 10 at 7:00 PM: Solemn Good Friday service with Choir.
Plan ahead for Easter services at St. Stephen’s.
The Great Vigil of Easter
Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 7:00 PM
Sunday, April 12, 2020
Choral Services at 8:00 AM and 10:15 AM