Riverfront Gallery maintains a constant call for entries for its community gallery located in St. Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral at 221 North Front Street in Harrisburg. The call is for two-dimensional, framed paintings, drawings, and photography. Paintings and drawings must be original works. Only limited-edition prints are acceptable for photographic works.
Artwork submission is open to all styles of art, excluding nude figures, profanity, or subjects of an obscene, political, or otherwise controversial nature. Due to the intimate nature of the space, submissions must be no larger than 24 by 30 inches. The value of each work should not exceed $1,000.
The gallery will feature two artists simultaneously (with approximately seven pieces by each artist) for a duration of approximately three months. All artwork should be available for sale. Artists will agree to a consignment fee of 20% of sale price. Proceeds will support outreach efforts through St. Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral. These include support of a variety of community organizations in the Harrisburg Area, such as Beacon Clinic for Health and Hope, Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Downtown Daily Bread, Susquehanna Harbor Safe Haven, & Joshua Group.
Artists will receive the following amenities provided for by the gallery.
- At least 60 hours of open gallery time during length of exhibit
- At least 51 hours of gallery time during Cathedral services and events
- 9 total hours of open gallery time during 3rd in the Burg participation
- Additional exposure during events sponsored by St. Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral & School as well as the Episcopal Diocese of Central Pennsylvania
Open for special events including:
- Outdoor festivals such as ArtsFest of Greater Harrisburg, Taste of Independence July 4th Food Truck Festival, Kipona, & Woofstock
- Gallery Walk organized by Art Association of Harrisburg
Exhibit and Media Management:
- Creative services for in-gallery signs, social media, website, and handouts
- Administration of social media and web-based promotion through Facebook and the Cathedral website
- Featured article or interview highlighting each artist and his or her process or history to be promoted on Facebook and the Cathedral’s website
Participation in monthly 3rd in the Burg events:
- Advertisement in TheBurg community magazine listing the Gallery as an event participant
- Opening reception where featured artists are invited
- Refreshments provided for the reception
Artists are encouraged to visit the community gallery to view the space to help them envision placement of their work. The gallery provides an intimate setting that allows people to get up close and personal with featured artwork and is best suited to showcase pieces 24 inches by 30 inches or smaller that can be viewed from a few steps away. To view the exhibition space located in the highly trafficked Cloister of St. Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral. Contact RiverfrontGalleryHBG@gmail.com to arrange a time to visit the gallery space.
Submissions of artwork for review requires that the artist fill out a short application form including contact information and a sample of three or four representative works through web link or file attachment. File attachments should not exceed 3 MB per file size. If having difficulties with the application or file attachments, please email RiverfrontGalleryHBG@gmail.com for help troubleshooting.
If you encounter technical difficulties, please email RiverfrontGalleryHBG@gmail.com.