The Sycamore House Service Corps offers young people (ages 21-29) a year serving the needs of the Harrisburg community through the Episcopal Church. Corps members explore faith and vocation, while living in community; engaging in the life of the church and city; and serving in area nonprofits that work to address economic, educational, and social needs.
Philosophy of Ministry
Zacchaeus climbed into the Sycamore tree in order better to see Christ. Yet Jesus called him out of that tree into the community: into interaction and hospitality. Sycamore House Service Corps is a place where individuals can respond to the call to participate in community, with all of its ups and downs.
- Volunteer 30-35 hours per week at a site placement- a local community agency
- Live and learn in an intentional community setting with other corps members
- Participate in weekly team meetings with the Director
- Receive housing, utilities, a food stipend, and health insurance (if needed).
- Earn a monthly stipend for personal expenses.
For more information on the Sycamore House: